"To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Whole 30 Day 3

By day 3, you should be really feeling the sugar withdrawls and by day 4 you enter a stage called "Kill All the Things". Well, I think I've prematurely entered that one. I could injure someone right about now. Of the 3 other friends who started the same day, I have gotten texts or calls about dreaming of cookies, wanting to hurt the children, and a general lack of willpower. While I am clearly not alone, I want to go bathe in a pint of Talenti gelato. This isn't like I'm cutting out sugar and can still have honey or something like that. Aside from fruit - which is starting to taste like candy - I can't have any sugar, natural or not. You don't think it would be that bad? Try it - I dare ya.

The food hasn't been an issue. Unlike many others, I don't hate my coffee. Is it my creamy, sweet heavenly concoction of last week? Well, no. Duh. But, it is drinkable. I've had some minor headaches but nothing a little Tylenol can't help. My meals have been good. Because I have planned ahead, I haven't had to scramble yet to find something to eat. I did have to apologize to the hubs last night because I almost lost it when I found him eating my carnita meat which was supposed to be lunch today. I had enough for my lunch, and alas his life was spared. BUT, I am exhausted. I was in bed at 7:50 last night, and I was asleep by 8:20 because after the boys went to bed I was done. DONE. This isn't supposed to be bad until day 6 or 7. I can't WAIT to see what I'll feel like then.  

I made breakfast for dinner for my family tonight: bacon (can't have that kind), cheese eggs (ah, cheese I miss you), biscuits with apple butter (don't even get me started), and fruit (I did pop a few grapes). I got a little angry whipping those eggs, and I threw in enough cheese that no one might poop for a few days after eating those eggs. With that being said, my dinner was good, great even. I had seconds of my stir fry and cauliflower fried rice. I've downed about 100 ounces of water each day. I got up this morning and noticed there was absolutely no bloat in my belly. It was flat. So there's that. 

Melissa Hartwig, Whole 30 guru and founder, says this: "Day 4 dawns and you tentatively step out of bed, expecting to feel like you took a headshot  from Thor's hammer: Instead,, your brain is surprisingly clear. Your limbs feel functional. This could be a great day! You walk into the kitchen and upon being greeted by the smiling face of your significant other, you are suddenly overcome with the desire to punch them in the face for being so darn cheerful this early in the morning. Congratulations! You made it to Day 4."

I. Cannot. Wait. If I feel like this at the end of day 3, day 4 should be a real treat for all. Pray for the children, y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment