"To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, August 13, 2017

School Prep - AKA Freezer Meals


School starts Wednesday for my older two, and I'm trying to prepare some meals for the freezer for at least a few meals. I haven't done many freezer meals for us lately, but I have made a bunch for a ministry I have served with for years. The ones I did today are all easy ones that I could throw together quickly, use rotisserie chicken, divide into 2 dishes, and ones I know the kids will eat. They also all involve cheese. I also assembled tonight's dinner to throw into the oven quickly, and I think that one will freeze well, too, with the subtraction of the topping. I'll post that one, too. Here's what I made:

Chicken Parmesan Casserole - Before I cooked noodles to go with it after I thawed and reheated. Today, I cooked 16 oz of rotini noodles and tossed them in sauce and put them in the bottom of the dish, layering the rest of the stuff on top.

Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas - This isn't really a "recipe". I threw together shredded rotisserie chicken, taco seasoning, black beans, salsa, and a little cheese. I wrapped up the mixture in tortillas, and I topped with enchilada sauce and cheese.

Baked Spaghetti

Swiss Chicken - To make this one freezer friendly, you just leave off the StoveTop and butter and add those before baking. Make some rice to go with it before serving.

Those were all the freezer meals for today, but I made Pot Roast Enchiladas for tonight. The kids love this one, and it sounds weird but it's good.
Pot Roast Enchiladas
To make it freezer friendly, I would probably freeze after assembling the tortillas, and add the cheese and sour cream before baking. The cheese would freeze fine, but I'm not sure about the sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment