"To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sunshiney Goodness


If you live somewhere where it is cold, all I can say is I hate it for ya. Today, it was absolutely beautiful here. It was one of those days that I thank God that I live in the South. The windows were open, the fans were on, and outside we went.

We had some special company today. Shannon, one of my oldest friends, and her husband, Keeley (who also happens to be a friend of our from Jason's Air Force days) stopped to see us on their way to see Keeley's parents. Keeley is an Air Force pilot currently stationed in Omaha, NE.

I have known Shannon for what seems like forever. She moved to Georgia when we were in middle school. She lived 3 houses down from me, and from the afternoon we met, we were inseparable. There was a well worn path in the yards of the 2 neighbors that separated our houses. Every single day was spent at her house or ours. She called my parents Mama and Daddy #2, and I can vividly remember the day that her dad let us drive his truck around the block. What were we, like 13? Anyway, Shannon moved to Tennessee after only a year or so, and I was crushed. Amazingly, we kept our middle school pinky swear that we would always stay in touch. We convinced our parents to meet halfway to see each other, she came to my high school graduation, we have been part of each other's weddings and so on... Here are a few pics from their visit.






Keeley, Shannon, Jake, Castor & Ajax

It was wonderful to see her and Keeley, of course, today. Jake seemed to very much enjoy the company. The little man, it seems, learned how to sit up overnight. Yesterday, it was more toppling than sitting. When we tried it this morning, it was a new story. Oh, the difference a day makes at this age!!!!

Sitting up all alone
He has also seemed to figure out that napping causes you to miss potentially important events. I think that he has napped for about an hour throughout the course of the whole day. Goodness!!! But he has been the cheeriest little man on the face of the Earth, so who can be upset with that? I'm sure that SOMEONE will sleep very well tonight. This afternoon, I decided to head back outside with the baby, blankets, and my trusty camera. I pulled some weeds, a stick, and a leaf or two out of his mouth. Probably the first of many... He toppled over several times, banging that hard little noggin on the ground and giggled. So up we went to try it all over again. I will share some of my favorites with you all :) I hope that where ever you are, the warm, sunny weather soon finds you, too.

A stick to chew





No comments:

Post a Comment