"To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Freezer Meal Prep


School's almost back in session. I can hear Maren Morris' voice, "Can I get a Hallelujah, can I get an Amen?" in the background. Am I right?? The kids are beginning to drive each other nuts, there are no more camps to serve as a much needed distraction, and I am in need of some alone time. I decided it was time for a freezer meal session. I wasn't really planning on doing this today, but the husband was home. Plus, so much of what I made took little to no work. All in all, I worked for about 3.5-4 hours, but I also cooked dinner which was none of this stuff. Although I did forget that there was asparagus roasting in the oven. Oops. Can't win them all.  


Prepare for stuff everywhere when you do a freezer session
I have tried a ton of freezer recipes, and I know what works for us. So this time I stuck to the tried and true for the Lowes. Here is what I came up with this go-round:
Lasagna - this is my tried and true lasagna recipe. I do sub ricotta for the cottage cheese though.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti - I divided this one up into 2 loaf pans. This was really quick.
Taco Casserole - The kids like this one served inside a burrito with sour cream, guac, and all the toppings. I got 2 pans.
Crispy Cheddar Chicken - I make a cheesy chicken similar to this the kids like. This was another super fast one.
Pizza rolls - This was just crescent roll dough, pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni rolled up, cut and baked. 
Super Easy Chili - I have shared this before. 2 lbs ground beef (browned), 2 packs of chili seasoning, 2 cans light kidney beans, and 2 jars of salsa with a little water added into the crockpot. Cook on high for a few hours then cool, bag and freeze.
Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas - Rotisserie chicken, black beans, salsa, taco seasoning and cheese wrapped in tortillas and topped with enchilada sauce and cheese. Super fast.


The loot
Our freezer door was left open by accident for over 24 hours and everything was lost. So this bare freezer needed some stuff in it. Now, say a prayer for the poor sanitation workers tomorrow that have to get that trash. I cleaned out the freezer on Thursday....and trash day is Monday. Let's just say it isn't pleasant. What is pleasant is that we have some meals prepared to lessen the stress of the first few weeks of school. It isn't like we will be eating the stuff above every night, but when I know we are going to have a crazy afternoon of running around it is nice to open the freezer that morning and not think about dinner that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment